vida e mundo simply means ‘life and the world.’ As a brand that is making strides in reducing its environmental footprint, we continue to remain committed to prioritising responsible production and consumption goals as part of our journey to ensure a more sustainable world.
A key component in this journey is to ensure our suppliers and business partners have the same strategy and mindset regarding sustainability. During the month of August, we have selected four of our key business partners to highlight and share their sustainability story and what they do to decrease their mark on the environment.
To kick off this campaign, we begin with Red Espresso. Red Espresso is our current Rooibos and Chai supplier. Products including these ingredients are our Red Caffès, Chai Caffès and Chai Frios. Being sustainable forms part of the brand’s DNA and their story to follow is a true testament. Their tea is sustainably farmed at the highest altitudes, with natural methods, and local farmers. Find out more info in their Crop to Cup video HERE.
Want to win a R1000.00 Red Espresso hamper? This August, we want to reward 2 lucky customers for supporting sustainable brands!
Simply download, pay or earn with the vida app when ordering any of the items below and automatically be entered into the competition:
- Red Cappuccino
- Vanilla Oat Milk Red Cappuccino
- Chai Latte
- Dirty Chai Latte
- Chai Frio
- Retail Instant Chai Latte
- Retail Instant Cappuccino
This competition will run from Wednesday, 3rd August until Wednesday, 10th August 2022. Winners will be contacted via telephonic call. Ts & Cs apply.
- Their rooibos is sustainably farmed at the highest altitude allowing their rooibos farms to be scored the highest biodiversity rating in the rooibos industry for farming as close to nature as possible.
- Their rooibos is not commercially farmed, it is slowly grown at the highest altitude with no herbicides, pesticides, or irrigation.
- They plant 150 metre biodiversity corridors of fynbos between their rooibos to attract bees and encourage them to pollinate their rooibos naturally.
- They only use premium ingredients (Read all about the health benefits of their rooibos tea )
- Their product range is Clean Label.
- Their manufacturing facility is FSSC 22000 certified. necessary
- Their cocoa is Rainforest Alliance.
- They use Forest Stewardship Council FSC certified carton.
MANUFACTORING AND HEAD OFFICE FACILITIES are 100% Carbon Neutral:
- Their eco-friendly factory situated just 45 minutes outside of Cape Town in the Paarl Winelands, is a certified carbon neutral facility. This is where they do all their manufacturing, product and drinks innovation, packaging design and marketing. They have customised the equipment and machinery in their factory to ensure product excellence and consistent in-cup quality from their grind.
- The factory has been designed to be as energy efficient as possible. Their investment in solar power means they remove 36 tons of carbon per annum from their carbon footprint.
RED ESPRESSO® IS ETHICAL
- They are a proud member of Sedex, one of the world’s leading ethical trade membership organisations.
- Being a member of Sedex means they are committed to constantly improving their responsible and sustainable business practices throughout their global supply chain with a particular focus on Environmental practices, Labour and Health and Safety Standards and Business Ethics.
- They have partnered with Cape Nature Conservation and planted more than 5000 endangered cedar trees back into the Cederberg with their Red Cedar Project. Established in 2008.
- They have partnered with GreenPop on reforestation projects since 2020.
So, the next time you order your Red Cappuccino or your Dirty Chai Latte, you can feel that much better knowing you are consuming a product that is not only good for you, but for the environment too.
Keep an eye on which business partner we will be highlighting next week! Ps, there’s a competition linked to that too.